Our contact details
- name: Head of Service Finance/Head of Financial Planning and StrategyFinance Service
- address: 4th Floor Laurence House, Catford, SE6 4RU
The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
- contact details – phone number / email address
- bank account details
- date of birth
How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- cost monitoring
- payment processing
- generating income requests
We also receive personal information indirectly, from the following sources in the following scenarios:
- internally via social care teams
- care providers
We use the information that you have given us in order to monitor the Council’s budget, and manage the Council’s cashflow, investments and borrowing, process payment & income made to and by the council.
We may share this information with emergency services, police, NHS, fire brigade, His Majesty’s Revenue and Customs Services, other councils.
Under the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
(b) we have a contractual obligation.
(c) we have a legal obligation.
(e) we need it to perform a public task.
How we store your personal information
Your information is securely stored.
We keep names, addresses, contact details – phone number / email addresses, bank account details and date of birth for up to 10 years.
We will then dispose your information by disposing of paper copies via a confidential waste disposal service and electronic copies via deletion from the Council’s electronic systems.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- your right of access - you have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- your right to rectification - you have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- your right to erasure - you have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- your right to object to processing - you have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- your right to data portability - you have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at Finance, 4th Floor, Laurence House, Catford, SE6 4RU if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at Finance, 4th Floor, Laurence House, Catford, SE6 4RU .
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk