Privacy notice – Housing and Refugee Service (SHIP)
What we do
The service conducts homelessness assessment under the Homeless Reduction Act 2017 and Housing Act Part VII to identify housing solutions for single homeless people in the borough of Lewisham and those at risk of homelessness or in housing need. The service is the gateway to Supported Housing Pathways in Lewisham.
What information we collect
The information we collect from you may include:
- National Insurance number
- health records
- social care records
- immigration status
- financial data
- forensic history
- next of kin
- housing history
- education history
- employment information
- welfare data.
Agencies we might share the information with
- Adult social care
- Children’s social care
- Probation services
- Mental health services
- Drug and alcohol treatment services
- Legal services
- Other agencies pertinent to safeguarding and counter-fraud duties
- Supported housing providers
- Registered housing providers
- Private housing providers
- Charitable services that work with rough sleepers
Why we process your information
- To establish risk homelessness and cause(s) of homelessness.
- To develop a relevant and accurate personal housing plan.
- To assist in safeguarding duties and countering fraud and hostile litigation.