Privacy notice – Housing and Refugee Service (Housing Options Centre)
What we do
The Housing Options Centre is a solutions-focused homeless service which aims to prevent or relieve homelessness for our residents. Assessments are carried out under Part VII of the Housing Act 1996, as amended by the Homelessness Reduction Act 2017. The Housing Options Centre aims to ensure that all Lewisham residents have a safe and stable home which is affordable for them.
What information we collect
The information we collect may include:
- date of birth
- National Insurance number
- health records
- social care records
- immigration status
- financial data
- forensic history
- next of kin
- housing history
- education history
- employment information
- welfare data.
Agencies we might share the information with
- Adult social care
- Children’s social care
- Probation services
- Mental health services
- Drug and alcohol treatment services
- Legal services
- Other agencies pertinent to safeguarding and counter-fraud duties
- Supported housing providers
- Registered Housing Providers
- Private housing providers
- Housing benefit
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Lewisham Plus Credit Union
Why we process your information
- To assess residents’ risk of homelessness and cause(s) of homelessness.
- To develop a relevant and accurate personal housing plan.
- To assist holistic assessment of need to ensure that residents have accommodation which is safe, stable and affordable for them.
- To assist in safeguarding duties and countering fraud and hostile litigation.